Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say I have noticed it much on the track in terms of feel, but looking at photos it seems I have a lot more body roll now then 2 years ago on the front. The GR-40 coil-overs are 4 years old and I have around 20 or so open track events on them. The shocks are both new within the last year.

So question is should the springs be replaced as a standard practice on some interval ??

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Griggs coil-over springs, which are a 10 inch #350lb... I've been running them for about a year and a half and they are bowing bad... I get nasty noises from them rubbing on the sleeves when going over bumps... Its driving me crazy because I'm driving the car everyday to work... I take it your car is track driven only? Do you have any pics of them? I'm at work right now, but will post pics of mine when I get home... I'm probably going to switch them out for some hypercoils... I was told that they have a more consistent rate than the SSS (Griggs) springs as they get older...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm track driven mostly, but do drive it on the street mildly. Can't afford too much attention.

So what are hypercoils and where do you get them ?? If I have to switch might as well invest in something that will last longer.

Anyone else know what we are experiencing is normal for Griggs springs ??

·
Registered
102 Posts
www.pitstopusa.com has a pretty good selection of springs at pretty good prices. I've had the griggs/SSS springs on the front of my car for over 100k miles and haven't noticed any sagging or anything abnormal. I've changed spindles, shocks, and ride height a few times, but haven't had a reason to question the springs.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts