Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the last few weeks I've had a problem (problems?) that I can't quite seem to nail down. The main symptom is an annoying stumble at part throttle. It feels a bit like a plug wire starting to fry on a header (I've had that happen before), so I replaced the wires. No help. So I tried new plugs, cap, rotor (can't hurt anyway). No help. I cleaned the IAB and the EGR, and replaced the TPS because it seemed to give inconsistent voltage as I moved it through its range. Nope. Then I did what I probably should have done 1st, a quick check. It gave me a 44 and 94, so I replaced the TAD solenoid that had 12v at both terminals. The codes went away and that seemed to fix it - for about 2 days, then the problem came back. I replaced the TFI module out of desperation, and that seemed to fix it. For another 2 days. I then installed a fuel pressure gauge, did another quick check and a cylinder balance check.
Here's what I've got now: a code 41 (lean right HEGO), cylinder #6 reads low on the second CB cycle (OK on the 1st), and after I turn off the motor the fuel pressure goes down to 0 in about 10 min. It should hold for a lot longer, no? I'm guessing this points to a leaking fuel injector on the #6 cylinder. Perhaps the EEC is trying to lean the overall mixture to compensate for leaky injector on the left, making the O2 sensor on the right read lean?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Find out why cylinder number 6 reads low. Don't worry about fuel pressure, it is normal, you don't want pressure in lines after 5-7 minutes.
Your stumble is related to cylinder number 6. Do that first then retest for any additional code. Ignore code 41, do the cylinder 6 first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.