Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Higgins installed my custom grind Comp cams this week and is tuning the car now. They maxed out my C&L 80 mm MAF meter at 526 rwhp and 526 rwtq at 6600 rpm. The best news of all is the car was still pulling at 7500 rpm with plenty of fuel. Looks like we will be ordering a new MAF meter this afternoon.:joy:

·
Registered
468 Posts
good #'s jim, what heads and intake do you have? are the heads P&P? what cams were they, the race cams? just wondering b/c i have been thinking about what kinda cam to go with, with stock heads, and stock intake!! thanks, pm me if ya want to

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nastystage2 said:
good #'s jim, what heads and intake do you have? are the heads P&P? what cams were they, the race cams? just wondering b/c i have been thinking about what kinda cam to go with, with stock heads, and stock intake!! thanks, pm me if ya want to
The heads are ported and polished 2000 GT heads with port matched Bullitt intake. The cams are custom grind Comp cams ordered on the group purchase on this site. Valves are still stock.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Awesome #'s, Jim! :eek:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
congrats .I love my comps to.

What boost?Race or pump gas?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
white99gt said:
congrats .I love my comps to.

What boost?Race or pump gas?
Thanks Bill. That's with pump gas and 15 pounds. I also got rid of the 2 chamber Flows and put on some dumped Dynomax Magnum race mufflers.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
Thanks Bill. That's with pump gas and 15 pounds. I also got rid of the 2 chamber Flows and put on some dumped Dynomax Magnum race mufflers.
Very nice.
Is it much louder now :D

Drop dennis a line to let him know how they work.He always love hearing how the work has payed off.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Nice Jimmy, very nice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
white99gt said:
Very nice.
Is it much louder now :D

Drop dennis a line to let him know how they work.He always love hearing how the work has payed off.
The car is still at Higgins. Been there since Monday night. I haven't heard the cams or the mufflers, but Tommy said it sounds wicked. I'll let Dennis know how it does when they are done with it next week. Tommy was going to order a new MAF meter this afternoon.

Nice Jimmy, very nice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
The cams are custom grind Comp cams ordered on the group purchase on this site. Valves are still stock.
How long ago was this GP? How much did you guys get them for? I guess I missed it. :(

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
The car is still at Higgins. Been there since Monday night. I haven't heard the cams or the mufflers, but Tommy said it sounds wicked. I'll let Dennis know how it does when they are done with it next week. Tommy was going to order a new MAF meter this afternoon.

Nice Jimmy, very nice.

cant wait to see some new track times.

You going to the mod shootout?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
white99gt said:

You going to the mod shootout?
I wasn't, but since I missed this weekend's FFW, I made my reservations for the shootout today. If you're going, you might as well run your car in the open class. It's a 0.1 break-out, so throw 100 lbs in your car and go qualify. It's $100 to compete.

·
Registered
771 Posts
congrats on the great numbers.:D

On a pissy side note, you guys all suck that you can get those numbers on pump gas. CA SUCKS!!!! I have to run torco at every fillup to get my numbers.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Ryan L said:
How long ago was this GP? How much did you guys get them for? I guess I missed it. :(
I think it ended around mid-June. It might still be hanging on if you check out the group purchase forums. If I recall correctly, it was pretty popular and they sold about 20 sets of cams.

That's where I got my cams, and I had an excellent experience dealing with everyone involved.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ryan L said:
I think it might still be running. Go to the Group Purchase forum and see. You can get all the info including price there.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
robs2000gt said:
congrats on the great numbers.:D

On a pissy side note, you guys all suck that you can get those numbers on pump gas. CA SUCKS!!!! I have to run torco at every fillup to get my numbers.

:p want to be poked a little more we even have 100 octane pump gas here if needed to :D

Jim if i go ill just watch this year the rear is not ready for the abuse the track will give it.Thats in a few weeks.

But ill most likely see you there.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
But ill most likely see you there.
Me too, if I can find the key to these shackles my fiance put around my legs.. :mad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts