Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 331 made 485hp 6800 rpms at the crank with some serious friction problems (spun Rod bearigs) . We made a few changes after we tore it back. We zero balanced the crank and put a super victor on it. We are expecting to see 550 [email protected]~7200 once the motor is tuned and dialed in. This will be going in a car that weighs 2900 lbs w/driver. I currently have 4.10 gears in the car and will be putting the power through a C-4 with a 5500-5800 stall. Should I try a 4.30 or 4.56 gear or will the 4.10's be right? The math I am doing with all the calculators says the car should run 134 mph (sound high to me) . But if its correct this would put me around 7300 rpms going through the traps.

Whats everyone think?
Whats everyone else using?

Rex

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think thats gonna be one really really really rediculously good looking err I mean fast car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think you need to say how tall the tire is...first impression is that the gear is too tall, near stock 5.0's use 4.10 with auto succesfully.

·
Registered
182 Posts
final drive x mph x 336/ tire diameter=rpm

merry christmas....final drive is ring and pinion ratio x gear ratio

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks 4.10's say 6800 rpms. But how much is a lose convertor gonna slip? My convertor is gonna be pretty lose.

Thanks

Rex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts