Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They really know how to design their cage bars. Just finished fitting the forward bars on mine and the way they hug the windshield pillar is fantastic. I have seen some bars that really impede drivers view out the windshield but not this one. The windshield roof bar fits nice and snug also, not just a straight bar but contoured to the roof line. I highly recommend this setup.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gotta agree...

Just finished installing a full Wolfe cage, and with it painted black (to match the interior), you can hardly tell it's in there. The only real giveaway would be the rear bars inside the back window. Looking at the car from the side, you can't see anything.

Rob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine fit like a glove

I bought my cage from WOLFE last December. I was worried for 2 months about the way it was going to fit. When we installed it i was amazed it fit perfect!!

later

Cope

·
Registered
432 Posts
When I had the chassis builder install mine, he said it was the best fitting "mail-order" rollbar he had EVER seen
He also told me for the price, he couldn't have built me a custom one that fit the well !!!

Later

Brian

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
John91coupe said:
They really know how to design their cage bars. Just finished fitting the forward bars on mine and the way they hug the windshield pillar is fantastic. I have seen some bars that really impede drivers view out the windshield but not this one. The windshield roof bar fits nice and snug also, not just a straight bar but contoured to the roof line. I highly recommend this setup.

Do they have a website?

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've got a wolfe 10 point moly cage... I'm really pleased with it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
John,

I am putting in a 10 point cage right now on the 87gt, and was
wondering what is the proper technique for painting the cage?

I imagine that you just cover the rest of the interior, and paint
carefully........What are you doing?

thanks
-forrest

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
John91coupe

Do you have any pics of your cage setup.
thanks
-tyler

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forrest Summers said:
John,

I am putting in a 10 point cage right now on the 87gt, and was
wondering what is the proper technique for painting the cage?

I imagine that you just cover the rest of the interior, and paint
carefully........What are you doing?

thanks
-forrest
Forrest,

After I get everything to fit the way I want it, I actually paint all of the bars except for the local areas where the welds will take place. Once it is welded I do some local painting. Makes the painting pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fivelitrecoupe said:
John91coupe

Do you have any pics of your cage setup.
thanks
-tyler
Tyler,

I could take some pictures but I have no way of hosting them. I could email them to you if you give me your email address.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
john does the cage have the bar that goes under the dash across the firewall?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
John91coupe said:
......I could take some pictures but I have no way of hosting them. I could email them to you if you give me your email address.
John, I'd like to see those pics! How is your car doing? I finally got the engine set in mine, but I get to go the desert for 3-6 months, so I gotta finish it when I get back. Still up in the air over the YS trim or an F1/Intercooled. Decisions, decisions....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would also like to see these pics!
if MPA has problems getting them up send them to me and i will do it.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike,

I did not get the dash bar. I may decide to do it later on though.

MPA,

I will send you the pic's tonight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i am getting ready to put in a cage. i have some questions about this one.
1) do you have to take the windshield and rear window out? if sho how are is that to do?

2) i was just at the site and the price for the notchback cage was $385 but then they list a jig notched cage for $325. are they charging you $325 for notching the cage?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts