Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up ripping two of my rubber boots on my cold air intake during my MAF change, anyways I called Lou at Mac Products and told hime my situation and he sent me two new ones at NO charge! Gotta give the company a thumbs up!!! Whay cant other companys be more like this! Theve earned my bussiness!!:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think that's the first positive thing I've ever heard anyone say about MAC....ever.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Yeah seriously, are you on their payroll? (Mr. Undercover)
:cool:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
MAC SUCKS I hate to tell you but I been to the mac distributor in florida, and they are like the most unfreindly people I have ever met.

·
Registered
357 Posts
good things for me

My father bought me a MAC cold air intake. He thought it came without the air filter. I called them and with no fuss, they shipped me a new one. No charge.

Turns out my dad didn't see the filter in the box. I tried to send it back but they said not to worry about it.

I'll buy from them again.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Im pretty sure you people who have never heard a good thing about MAC are full of it :) MAC has good products, its just one of those things we talked about on the boards recently... Out of all the products they make, a few are gonna be messed up. Then everyone takes everyone elses word that it sucks and **** spreads like fire... My personal experience with MAC has been nothing but good.

·
Registered
344 Posts
WHAT A JOKE!

Are you drinking out of your toilet?? MAC products blow!

My cold air kit was rusing in the box when I got it..... and service!!! SERVICE!!! forgettaboutit... stay clear!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Re: WHAT A JOKE!

Spenc2u said:
Are you drinking out of your toilet?? MAC products blow!

My cold air kit was rusing in the box when I got it..... and service!!! SERVICE!!! forgettaboutit... stay clear!!!
Typical.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I can't complain, I own MAC shortie headers, MAC off road H pipe, MAC CAI. They all fit very well, and thier customer service was nice to me. I will definitely buy from them again.

-Billy

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well my experience with them has been just fine. My offroad H-pipe fit ok. No problems with it.

I called the Florida MAC warehouse awhile back and talked to aguy there about the Pro-chamber. I told him I wasnt sure if I wanted it or not, and could he give me some info on it. After explaining it to me, he told me that he would send me one and if I put it on the car and didnt like it, or had problems with it, he would take it back and give me a full refund, but its only if I didnt have it on the car for no longer than a day.

I should have taken him up on the offer, but I didnt have $240 to spend on exhaust right now.:(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Blk89GT said:
Well my experience with them has been just fine. My offroad H-pipe fit ok. No problems with it.

I called the Florida MAC warehouse awhile back and talked to aguy there about the Pro-chamber. I told him I wasnt sure if I wanted it or not, and could he give me some info on it. After explaining it to me, he told me that he would send me one and if I put it on the car and didnt like it, or had problems with it, he would take it back and give me a full refund, but its only if I didnt have it on the car for no longer than a day.

I should have taken him up on the offer, but I didnt have $240 to spend on exhaust right now.:(
Sweet deal. The prochamber is frikin amazing! The sounds has got to be the best sound coming from an H pipe... I have one, and love it. Also, it gave me good hp/tq gains. 10rwhp/10rwtq

·
Registered
916 Posts
Is the pro chamber easy to bolt up? Do you think it would be worth switching from an H pipe to a pro chamber, would I see gains? Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
905 Posts
Green9550 said:
Is the pro chamber easy to bolt up? Do you think it would be worth switching from an H pipe to a pro chamber, would I see gains? Thanks.

-Billy
You will definately see gains, and I bolted it up myself. Just remember, you have to use shorter studs then stock to get a proper seal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too have several MAC products(see sig) and I have had great luck with them. I am gonna agree though that a major manufacturer is gonna put out some bad products. Especially with the volume that they turn out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do you have any pics of how that cold air looks installed?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had MAC equal length headers. They never sealed properly and began to rust about a month after installation. I threw them in the trash and got some Bassini headers. Perfect fit, finish and awesome quality. I also bought MAC underdrives. I swear they started rusting the second I got them out of the box. I also threw them away and got some ASP blues. Perfect fit, finish, and very high quaility. MAC = :barf: I will never buy another Mac product again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
pictures

I can try to shoot some pics of the cold air intake. I might wait till the car gets back from the shop. Having headers, throttle body, air meter and 3.55s put on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
MAC does suck, you that have had good luck with fitting their parts are lucky. In comparison to other manufacturers and their prices you really can't complain about them. MAC is cheap so what do you expect for the money you pay. If you want to save money then you have to sacrifice quality.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have had MAC equal length headers and H pipe on my car for 6 years no problems at all.
I have removed them more than once working on the car and they bolt right back up no problem, how many other headers can you say that about .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts