Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my cobra r hood fron design concept and it shuts, but it doesnt lock in that little thing....what should i do...i put on the safe guard thing, but the hole in the hood wont lock with the little hook by the radiator....:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
get hood pins and don't worry about it. none of my aftermarket hoods latched, harwoods, cervinis, none of them. and even if you do get it to latch it'll probably rattle around anyway. get a pair of pins, set'em tight and forget about it. just remember to measure twice and cut once.

Aaron

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I have to disagree. Hood pins, in my opinion, are unsightly. Do you really want to drill holes in your pretty new cowl hood when some simple adjustment would solve your problem? I had the same difficulty with my Cervinis hood. You have to loosen the hood latch mechanism, and adjust it either up or down until the hood locks itself. It will take some time, but you'll get it figured out. Also, don't slam the hood down. You'll need to apply pressure about the hood latch mechanism. You risk cracking the hood by slamming it down.
Chris

·
Registered
743 Posts
you may have to do alittle grinding on the latching mechanism. I have a cervinis cowl hood, and mine wouldnt latch, so I painted the latch and closed it to see where it was hitting, than grinded it down alittle and havent had to mess with it since

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys, ill try adjusting my latch then....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I had to adjust my latch as well, I also made the cut out deeper in the saftey hook to make sure it grabs the hood. I added Hood pind just in case, a little back up never hurts.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should i drill some new holes to move up the latch or how else can i move it up or down??? please help.....i wanna get my stang back on the road....:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had to adjust my latch, I just loosened the bolts a little, moved and tightened. After a couple tries, I had it perfect. Now the Cervini Stormin Norman hood closes easier than my stock hood ever did. Holds tight, and no rattles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts