Ford Mustang Forums banner

Got my new woofer!!!

2K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  WinterParkStang 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share that I got my elemental designs A-series 12" today. It is incredible looking. If this thing sounds anywhere nears as good as it looks, I'll be truly happy. Its gonna be getting close to 500w from a nakamichi amp in a 1.5cf box tuned to 26hz.

#5 ·
Well, I have been lurking at a few car audio sites for a while and people can't seem to say enough good things about E.D.. Apparently the A series plays really low, and it gives you 95% of a w7's performance for a little over half the cost. Plus they look so cool. I'm gonna start my box tomorrow and I should have the set up in by tuesday at the latest.

P.s. Joker, both the A and the K now use the flat nomex cone.

#8 ·
here is the link to the specs of the driver: http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/aspecs.htm

A little over 1 inch xmax one way :drool:. If everything goes as planned, the speaker will be in tonight. It might get pushed back till tomorrow.

#9 ·
#14 ·
Well, i should have had it put in a couple days ago, but you know how things go. I'll get it in sooner or later. The box is done and so i am just waiting on my amp. My system will be as follows:
Head unit: Alpine cda-7893
Components: Vifa Pl's and lpg 26nafm tweeters passively x-over
Subwoofer: e12a
Subwoofer amp: avionixx 800.2
speaker amp: tru technology t4.65

Hopefully it will all go in this week. We'll see though. I'll definetly post pictures of it when its all done, especially the kicks i am gonna do whether they are a success or failure.

#15 ·
I'm gonna look into the Vifa's too. Or maybe the miscolored CDT deal on thezeb. Maybe a Hifonics bx1000d on my old kicker c12's. Maybe a cda-9805 for the hu....still decided on that either.....dammit I'll never decide at this rate :idunno:

WPS, you go with a sealed or portde box?

#16 ·
Actually, as we speak I am putting together my 1.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 26 hz. I am gonna put it in my car tomorrow even though there are no other speakers to go with it. I am missing an amp for the front so I'll just listen to howard stern and hardly hear anything.

#18 ·
I believe that round ports make noise. I don't know why it is set up like that, but its not that bad. Tomorrow after work I am gonna caulk it and then finish screwing the last 3 boards in then spray paint it. It will be in tomorrow.

#21 ·
well, technically the tweeter will only get half the power that the woofer would get. This would result in the woofer being ~3db louder than the tweeter. However, since the sensitivity is a couple decibels higher for the tweeter, the difference will more than likely balance out.

Anyways, I built the box and i got the woofer in the box only to find that the box is too big to fit in the trunk :mad: . I am gonna try some more manuvering with the speaker out of the box tomorrow. Right now I have the box and speaker in my back seat and it slams. Nothing quite like seeing damn near 2 inches of excursion :evil: . Hopefully I'll get the box thing cleared up and my speaker baffle will be in soon so I can build my kicks. I'll keep this updated as soon as I make any more progress.

#23 ·
those are really nice woofers, but I was turned off on the lead slap problem some of them have, and the price difference between the e12a and a brahma. If anything can hang with a w7, its the brahma.

#24 ·
The A series still looks really tempting to me.....need to hurry up and blow up my old Kicker's 1st :p Got some CDT 6.5's and tweets today....they better rock :) Crappy sounding Kickre's and a nice front stage prolly won't mix well though.

#25 ·
Everybody getting new toys..........My Q-Forms came today ! Hey Winter, did you have 6.5" in your Q-Forms ? I'm thinking about going with the Peerless 6.5" 4ohm Autosound setup at Madisound now that the Nexxon MB Quart Q's I wanted turned out to be bull.
On my budget the K series looks good and I'm thinking of powering everything with a 150X2 Profile California bridged to 450W mono and a 75X4 with a Profile 3-Way active crossover. I know there are better amps but I figure good speakers with cheep amps would sound better than good amps and cheep speakers.
Bobo, I'm interested in what you think of your CDT's.
in my back seat and it slams
Does it move your hair ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.