Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share that I got my elemental designs A-series 12" today. It is incredible looking. If this thing sounds anywhere nears as good as it looks, I'll be truly happy. Its gonna be getting close to 500w from a nakamichi amp in a 1.5cf box tuned to 26hz.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is the A series the one that uses the flat cones? Or is that the K's?

Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Haven't heard a bad review yet about ED...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have been lurking at a few car audio sites for a while and people can't seem to say enough good things about E.D.. Apparently the A series plays really low, and it gives you 95% of a w7's performance for a little over half the cost. Plus they look so cool. I'm gonna start my box tomorrow and I should have the set up in by tuesday at the latest.

P.s. Joker, both the A and the K now use the flat nomex cone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I saw one of the prototypes of that sub a while back, they do look awesome. Havent heard one though. Im a big fan of "underground" subs also, I run two Resonant Engineering SE 12"s modifed by RE with XXX dual 2.4 ohm voice coils.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is the link to the specs of the driver: http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/aspecs.htm

A little over 1 inch xmax one way :drool:. If everything goes as planned, the speaker will be in tonight. It might get pushed back till tomorrow.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, i should have had it put in a couple days ago, but you know how things go. I'll get it in sooner or later. The box is done and so i am just waiting on my amp. My system will be as follows:
Head unit: Alpine cda-7893
Components: Vifa Pl's and lpg 26nafm tweeters passively x-over
Subwoofer: e12a
Subwoofer amp: avionixx 800.2
speaker amp: tru technology t4.65

Hopefully it will all go in this week. We'll see though. I'll definetly post pictures of it when its all done, especially the kicks i am gonna do whether they are a success or failure.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm gonna look into the Vifa's too. Or maybe the miscolored CDT deal on thezeb. Maybe a Hifonics bx1000d on my old kicker c12's. Maybe a cda-9805 for the hu....still decided on that either.....dammit I'll never decide at this rate :idunno:

WPS, you go with a sealed or portde box?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, as we speak I am putting together my 1.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 26 hz. I am gonna put it in my car tomorrow even though there are no other speakers to go with it. I am missing an amp for the front so I'll just listen to howard stern and hardly hear anything.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sounds just like the box ED recomends ;) Are you building it like the one they recomend on their site? I wonder what the point is in that funky port design? Why not just a round or slot port?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe that round ports make noise. I don't know why it is set up like that, but its not that bad. Tomorrow after work I am gonna caulk it and then finish screwing the last 3 boards in then spray paint it. It will be in tomorrow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Components: Vifa Pl's and lpg 26nafm tweeters passively x-over
I've been reading some of that link but alot of this stuff really confuses me. I thought both speakers in a component set are 4ohms but all the Morel speakers I see are 8ohm like your LPGs . Is this an Lpad thing ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts