Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
too tired to post the graph tonight.. been driving since 5:30 this morning and just got home. anyhow the new #'s are 274 RWHP and 278 RWTQ. it really woke the car up ALOT with the cams. he extended my redline to 6500 as well and the rev limiter to 6900. it stops making power at 6500 though so that's where i'm shifting :p i lost some torque somewhere.. old # was 284, i'm not sure why, but i surely can't tell it by driving it, so oh well. he said the only thing restricting me is the intake :rolleyes: not gonna spend $1800 for a few ponies though. maybe if i get a S/C i'll throw the bullit intake on it, but for now i'm done for a while. i'll post the graph tomorrow if i get a chance ;)

edit: oh yeah, a special thanks to Lidio at Alternative Auto for tuning the car and also to corral.net for helping me with the few issues i had during the install. thanks guys :salute:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very cool , if you dont mind, how much did you spend in all with parts and labor ??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the cams were $550 (set) the gears, spacers and such were $89.. gaskets were probably around $50-$60 and the tune was $525.. for me ONLY i have to add the $1200 i spent for Ford to redo the timing, but that is only because i didn't have the time to get it redone myself before my tuning date and would have had to wait another 2 months to get another date set.. so oh well. so for right around $1200 you should be able to get cams, install kit, gaskets and a tune

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pony4pt6 said:
that is a lot of money just for cams....
$1200 for cams and a complete dyno tune was well worth it for me. the way the car runs now, i couldn't have added anything besides nitrous for the price and gotten the power benefit i got from these..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Majaluk said:
$1200 for cams and a complete dyno tune was well worth it for me. the way the car runs now, i couldn't have added anything besides nitrous for the price and gotten the power benefit i got from these..
Well hopefully I wont need a tune bec I have the Steeda tune, is that even possible or will I deffinitely need a tune ??? :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice numbers Dude :evilgrin:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
those are definitely some BIG cams for your pretty much stock combo. That's why you lost some torque.

be careful spinning it that high on your stock rotating assembly too. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts