Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a 2 week wait, the Professional Products intake finally got here( part # 54031 ). Has a rear coolant crossover, 4 corner coolant ports and can be drilled for injectors or a fogger. Looks almost identical to a Vic JR, best of all it was $160.

It also has LOTS of casting trash in the plenum area and really should be cleaned up before using. Matches a FelPro 1250 intake gasket pretty darn close, thats fine. A little plenum smoothing with a Dremel and its good to go...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fake one

The real one

There are a few improvements, such as straighter end runners and the rear water crossover.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The intake was $165 not $160...!!!

Got the intake here www.5oproshop.com , it was $50-$60 less than the Vic JR.

The differences in the middle runners is very slight, if any, as each intake has 5.50 in carb pad. The end runners are slightly different and the rear water crossover is the major difference. The Edelbrock intake has better finish in the plenum.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got the victor Jr, and installed it out of the box, I too noticed that it could have used a nice port job, How much hp could this add if it was ported significantly?, I plan on removing everything and having everything ported as soon as the engine is broken in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts