Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fella's, a few hundred bucks, and 1.5 weeks later, I got my car back, and let me just tell you that it was totally worth the wait! I had my body shop paint my sideview mirrors, and clearcoated them, and of course paint and install the 2003 Cobra front bumper.

Here it goes...The famous bumper/hood problem with putting on the 2003 Cobra bumper on a GT and using the stock GT hood. WHAT A JOKE! Anybody who hollowed out the plastic piece of the bumper, i'm sorry that you had to do that. The entire fix took me about 3 minutes to do, and it closes and latches perfectly. What you do is basically push the top of the bumper where it mounts with the 3 screws (the part where they say to hollow out) back around .5" of an inch back toward the motor, drill a hole on each side (not into the bumper, but in the piece that you mount the bumper too), then just insert a screw on each side, and perfect! All done, looks great, looks stock. If you have any questions then PM me, and if you are looking for a great body guy in NY (30 mile north of NYC) then PM me.

Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very clean! And original! Gt hood compliments the bumper!

·
Registered
110 Posts
absolutely gorgeous....I am JUST about to get my sideview mirrors painted as well. Your car looks very clean!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Holy crap! That looks so nice! I love it!

Chris

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Very nice. I was going to paint mine but decided to hold off until I can get a set of mirrors off of an 03

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man that looks awesome!!!!! Now you just need some springs! Great work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice ride. How much for the bumper?

·
Registered
524 Posts
looks great. If you don't mind me asking, who did the painting as I am in NY too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys...The bumper was $400 NEW straight from Ford, the foglights i got for $68 a piece, and the bezels for $14. The scraper/front spoiler thing was $95.

As far as who painted it, his name is Andy, and his shop is called Platinum Auto Body, located in Croton-On-Hudson NY. His phone# is 914-271-9831, ask for Andy and tell him Mike Ford with the Mustang recomended you and maybe he'll give you a break. He said he'll paint mirrors for $40 - $50 each if you take them off and bring him to them. Thanks for the compliments guys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
could you post a pic of what you had to do to get the hood to shut?? I've got the 03 cobra bumper on mine and the shop hasn't been able to get the thing to do right as far as the hood latching and whatnot

Thanks A million :)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts