Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll keep that in mind

just run around town til next thursday...then its track duty time

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mine didn't get broke in :D I went to the track the night they got put in. They still work fine a few thousand miles later, no noise at all. In fact the guy that put them in spun out leaving the shop testing them.

Nik

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I would have smakced a machanic that spun out it my car. One time my buddy was getting a tranny done at this shop(only reason a shop was doing it is becuse it was a insurance job anyhow we pulled up on the mechanic in my car which he didnt realize that the owner of the car was in the passeneger seat next to me, andhow he did a nice smoky burnout and then was raggining it all the way back to the tranny shop. Needless to say I raised holy hell and my buddy got two new nitto's to replace his futuras and also got a 30 % discount on the tranny work(whicih didnt matter because it was a insurance job but who cares they messed up)
anyhow to hell with breaking in gears what is there to break in? two mechanical gears dont need to "break-in":bs: :blam: :hammer:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't think the gears really need to be "broken in" but it is not smart to go out and rip ass on ANY brand new parts. Just use common sense and take it easy until you feel that everything is OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.