Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a 65mm throttle body with the stock intake. I'll be switching to a gt40 tubular intake this weekend. Should I just keep my 65mm or should I upgrade to a 70mm? After I sold my current throttle body it would prolly cost at most $50 for a 70mm. Would it have ANY effect?
Brent

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not to steal your thread but i got an explorer intake that i am putting on amotor with gt40p heads and a tfs stage 1 cam... should i get a 65mm or 70mm tb? Right now i have the stock one..

·
Registered
831 Posts
A throttle body 70mm or bigger will throw your PCM's TB airflow rating out of wack and you MIGHT get some idle/ drivability issues.
I run a 70 mm edelbrock piece with matching spacer, and I had to adjust the PCM settings to get it right.
I would stay with the 65'r if I were you.
Good luck, G

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Stay with the 65. I had a big long post debating the 65/70mm TB issue a while back, and I know more now than I ever cared to know. The 70 is just overkill, it won't help you out anymore than the 65. Like BACKSEETLUVA said, it might even cause driveability issues. I'm running a Cobra with a 65. I've seen many others running the same exact thing. Unless you've got heads or plan on nitrous, the 65 is big enough for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts