Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got the car going w/ Hooker headers and Mod max valves installed. I also added a 80mm Pro-m caled for 19lb injectors. The car runs and idles great! The Hookers w/ x-pipe sound nice!!!!! I wish I had a video recorder for some sound bytes. Well I need to get some miles on it and go racing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats!

Did you ever get that thing tuned before? Which EEC now?

We need some 1/4 times now. Come on up to the shootout and play!

Marty

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running the Svo eec. I wish I could come out and play but I will be in Detroit visiting my folks that weekend. I might take it to Memphis motorsports when I get some miles on it. I have never had this car tuned or dynoed.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Great to hear! You got a TORQUE MONSTER sounds like!

After my LT's went on, I noticed that the blower was a little louder.

I can't believe that all that is running on the SVO eec. That's GREAT! Makes me happy knowing that I won't necessarily "NEED" a tune right after the headswap.

Let's see...I bet you are running right around 350 rwhp. Maybe the most rwhp out of all the SVO blown guys on this board???

2camsam....why did you decide on the prom80mm over the 87mm and lightning???

Congrats!

·
Registered
470 Posts
2 cam sam said:
Well I finally got the car going w/ Hooker headers and Mod max valves installed. I also added a 80mm Pro-m caled for 19lb injectors. The car runs and idles great! The Hookers w/ x-pipe sound nice!!!!! I wish I had a video recorder for some sound bytes. Well I need to get some miles on it and go racing!!!!!!!!
From your mod list, you are over 300rwhp. You're not running with 19lb injectors, right? You will need quite a bit more.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went the Pro-m because I already had this peice I just got it re-caled so I could run the Svo eec. I did this so I won't have to remove timing with the stock computer.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well there is only one place in Arkansas with a dyno and there is usaully a 1-2 month waiting list. Plus the guy who owns it is a complete a-hole. I might try and schedule a run after I get some track numbers.

·
Registered
906 Posts
this is all just guesswork for me but it's still fun.

in my opinion, im guessing this:

96-98 SOHC with bolt on's w/ svo blower at 6#'s run usually about 250-270 rwhp

so...

same thing with longtubes and full exhaust would run about 280-300 rwhp.

add PI heads with stock compression and add a easy 50 rwhp to that which could come out to somewhere between 330-350 rwhp. That's my guess. I think it will be close to 340 rwhp.

but who knows....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I have a smaller pulley for this unit that I will put on which gives me about 8 pounds of boost, then I 'll add some racing fuel and get it dynoed. Hopefully I can hit 350rwhp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts