Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got some gasonline that had water in it or something so my question is how well does that stuff work that you can buy and put in your tank to get rid of it? I have run the car down to E twice now and it is still bucking and sputtering. Someone also told me that it can screw up your injectors, is this true?

·
Registered
23,583 Posts
Yes it can screw up your injectors more specifically the pintles on the injectors. You can get 'dry gas additives' ie STP, from walmart or any automotive shop. contains either isopropanol or ethanol to remove water from the fuel system. It may take a few treatments from the sounds of your situation.

·
Registered
23,583 Posts
Yes it can screw up your injectors more specifically the pintles on the injectors. You can get 'dry gas additives' ie STP, from walmart or any automotive shop. contains either isopropanol or methanol to remove water from the fuel system. It may take a few treatments from the sounds of your situation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is still bucking but I havent been running around very much to use up the gas with the water remover in it. If I screw up the pintles on the injectors what will the car act like so I can tell if I need new ones? I have no idea what the pintles are.

·
Registered
23,583 Posts
The damage to the injector i refered to earlier would require you to drive with the water in the fuel system for a long time. The symptoms of injector damage at the pintle would be poorer gas mileage, ocasional misfire, poor low speed driveability, increased emsissions.

·
Registered
998 Posts
what do you mean by pintle, and what would the car do if it had a bad injector???

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Instead of a very fine spray, you will get larger dropplets of gas which won't burn as well.

·
Registered
998 Posts
k well heres my problem i had been throwing EGR codes i replaced the EGR valve for one the right side bolt would not go all the way in somehow it stripped but the EGR valve is on there TIGHT, i take off the IAC and looked inside it was pretty dirty so i cleaned it the best i could put it back on check all connections and hoses, 2 of my clips to my injectors wont snap on cause they are broke but i push them on and they seem to stay on if i try pushing again after running the car they are still on pretty good, my injectors are starting to make that ticking noise i had been getting alot worse now. When its sitting at idle itll idle at 1200rpms and then drop to 800 until i rev it then itll hang at 1200 again for like 15 seconds then drop back down also if i just tap the gas let it rev up to 2500 as it decells itll make a sputtering sound that sounds really fat not like putt putt putt, its more like a puuuuuuuuuutttttt any guesses???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts