Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my kit came in the mail all I got was two brackets and no instructions. One is a black piece of stamped sheet metal and the other is a cast aluminum piece with a Ford part number on it. Does anyone have a pic of how this gets mounted? Do I have to buy another pulley to make it work? The cast piece has a threaded hole in it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
is it the Ford kit?

If it's the ford kit, it's meant to move the PS pump up onto the head. If you hold the pump up there and fiddle with the brackets you'll see how it all fits together.

·
Registered
221 Posts
step 1: remove belt.
step 2: remove a/c compressor
step 3: remove p/s pump, but do not detach hoses. You can rest the p/s pump on the lower radiator hose for a TEMPORARY measure.
step 4: remove the bracket that the a/c compressor and p/s pump were originally attached to. make note of where the long studs went
step 5: bolt the new grey bracket to the block.
step 6: bolt the p/s pump in position, but do not install the left bolts yet
step 7: put the big steel bracket on, with the bump facing outwards. that bump should go over part of the water pump(or in the left direction)
step 8: install the remaining bolts.

All this was from memory, but it should be correct. If you have some mechanical skill, you can figure it out

Larry

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I did this recently, and made it MUCH harder than it needed to be.

1) It's VERY EASY.

2) You do NOT have to unbolt the P/S pulley! :) Don't ask!

The "silver" piece bolts to the head. I'm pretty certain it will only line up one way. There are three bolts that go through this bracket and into the head.

The black piece goes over two of the water pump studs, and the two long bolts that come with the kit go through the P/S pump and this black bracket and into the silver piece that you already bolted to the head.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Send me an email and I can send you a picture from the Ford shop manual that illustrates how it all fits together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts