Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 225/60/15 tire that will last atleast 10,000 miles on the highway and hook well at the track for my mostly stock 87 AOD 5.0 car that I drive a whole lot on the highway but would like to run for fun on the weekends?

I think I've heard of some tires mentioned in the past but my searches aren't coming up with the information.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Kumho Supra 712's - I have found them to hook really well for a radial tire and they last for a good amount of time.

As for Drag Radials.....everyone I know swears by BF Goodrich DR's and not the Nitto's for hooking. I have been told the Nitto 555R's will last about 5000 miles more though. I can't be a critic because I have never tried either tire (Nitto, BFG). Do a search on Nitto 555R/BFG DR tires though....you'll find something I am sure.

-Rob-
:D

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Nitto DR all the way. I ran them on the street, on the highway, for dozens of drag passes and 75+ autocross runs per set and got 10,000 miles out of them before I wouldn't drive them in the rain anymore. Unbeatable bang for the buck. No other standard radial no matter how cheap or how expensive can hook like they do.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would go with the Nitto's DR's but I don't think they would last a year because I put about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year on my car traveling between my home and my parents home so I think I'll look into the Kumho's.

I do own a set of the Nittos and BFG DRs for my 95 in my sig. and I can vouch for the Nittos that they do last seemingly forever for a DR. The Nittos just don't hook very well for me so I'm trying the BFGs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts