Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking, and after I missed the really good sale at www.racerwholesale.com I can't find anything really outstanding. Minimum $145 + shipping for a 3.2A/5. That's an RCI at Dan's Performance. Summit is $150 + handling.

Any ideas?

Also - any comments/observations about single layer vs. multilayer? I'm running in the low 11's'/high 10's, but am quite often on the track with fire-breathing monsters.

Also - any preferences for brand? I've seen Safequip, Pyrotect, GForce and they all have something "special" to say for themselves....

TIA,

Bill

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I bought the RCI single layer SFI-3-2A/1 spec Proban jacket from Summit for $59. If your running gasoline a fueled engine in the 10.00 to and 11.99 range you don't have to have a multi layered jacket. Once you run 9.99 or quicker you need the SFI-3-2A/5 spec jacket. As hot is it gets here in Florida the single layer is a lot more comfortable, or rather not as uncomfortable as a multi-layer.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I've got the RCI multi layer. Very nice jacket. I bought it from Jeg's. It's hot as hell in Louisiana in the summer, and I wish I'd bought the single layer, but I'd rather be safe. You're OK with the single until 9.99. Then you need the multi.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Bill,

I'm a performance dealer and I sell safety equipment as will as parts. If interested you can call me at 410-876-6851. If I'm not there just leave a message and your phone # and I'll call you back.

Thanks,
dwight
www.BotelerRacing.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks, Dwight, but I had just bought a G-Force multilayer from Jegs (along with other stuff...averaging down the shipping, as it were).

Thanks to all,
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts