Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been in the market for some new exhaust for a while, but just never decided, so i haven't bought anything yet.

anyways, i knew some one, who just pulled the tail pipes and let it run that way, i loved the way it sounded, but thought it would might be a bad idea to do that with a hatch, *hers was a vert*

but i know when my h-pipe fell off before the muffler it leaded in to the car pretty bad,

so would it just be a flat out dumb idea to do this, with my car,

or maybe could i get a bent pipe and direct it towards the sides and have a bit of custom side exhaust, and if thats half way smart, i think i would need to shorten the length of the exhaust period so that there is room to direct to the sides.

i hope i'm makin sense with allof this,

opinions apprecitated

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you are going to come off the H pipe then out the side I assume it will be loud but how loud I suppose would depend on the placement of your right foot:D do a search for "dumps" I've read tons of things on here about no mufflers and such, you should be able to get some insight from those posts, good luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
I pulled the pipes right after the mufflers and I think the car sounds pretty good IMHO. Heres a little clip of it Car Idle. With the flowmasters, though, the drone gets a little old on long drives. As for any exhaust gases leading into the car, the only fumes I noticed came from the engine compartment due to leaky gaskets but once I changed those they all went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts