Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my densecharger (tb to fenderwell) and was thinking about the WMS trick that jmeiers was saying about removing the whole corner light while at the track. I also notice how alot of supra guys have some special light that has a 3" tube going through it leading to the filter. My friend had an extra passenger side corner light, he gave it to me and I'm gonna chop it up and put a tube in it pointing to the filter in the fenderwell and try to mount the turn signal elsewhere on the lamp.
If i cant mount the bulb somewhere then i'll just leave it out and just swap lights when i plan on having fun or going to the track.
I'm not expecting that much of a ram air effect (although i'm sure there will have to be SOMETHING on the highway) but I'm more expecting inlet temperatures to drop. Another friend tested this on his DSM, he removed the headlight and put an electro thermometer in it and it was 30* cooler then when he had the light on it. Anybody else ever try anything like this or am i the first? Anybody run with the light out on a fenderwell mounted filter set up?

Mikey

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey mikey. Just go with the 45,000 MCD Yellow Leds as turn signals. Im converting my car to these as we speak. Then you can have a nice cold air tract along with some super bright turn signals.

Use 5 Of them, mount them on the bottom at a 13 degree angle upwards. Power the 2 using the power from the running lights, then take the 2nd power wire and light all 5 for signal operation.

You can also find some yellow 3156 LED bulbs at a couple online ricer sites. They are small and can be mounted in an irregular position for your project.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
there is a supra at my track that takes out his light assembly because his filter is right behind it. i looked at my 93 and my cone filter is right behind my light, im gonna take the light out at the track this next time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I saw a guy with a Red 99 Cobra do it at the track. He kept an extra headlight that had been cut. He ran mid 12s on motor on a hot humid day. He had experimented with a lot of products from what I saw. Nice guy who shared his knowledge.

If he is on here I have some questions about your car.Thanks

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
venomous-I really dont care too much about how the light flashes just as long as it's there. Thanks for the info though

Yeah the supras airbox is behind the light too, and i have seen some run with the light completely out but I have also seem some with a tube going through the light assembly so that they can run it this way on the street. I'm probably going to start looking for the things i need this weekend, I'll try to take pics and keep everybody posted. Also in a few weeks I might just track test it with corner in, corner out, and modified corner in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just took my passanger light out at the track. It's just 3 bolts holding it in. The custom light/intake is trick, but pretty expensive. I had a cold-air box the sealed the filter off from the rest of the engine compartment, but left it in a stockish position. Most of my buds just dropped the light at the track too.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roadsnake- was it worth any e.t. or mph?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts