Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The head and cam swap is beginning tomorrow. After some thought, I decided to go with 24# injectors so that I wouldn't be reaching the limit of my stock 19 pounders.

I'll be running the stock TB and MAF for now, though. I want to know if switching to 24# injectors is going to cause any problems, such as the computer throwing a code or the car running weird. I assume the stock MAF and/or EEC are calibrated for 19# injectors and I didn't know if swapping to 24's would cause any headaches or if they are pretty much "plug and play." I do have an AFPR just in case I need to adjust the fuel pressure...

I do plan on getting an aftermarket MAF that's calibrated for 24# injectors, but that'll be a little later on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Venomwhite94 said:
Won't work unless you either get the MAF that is calibrated for the 24lbs or you get a chip for you computer.
Exactly, the car will run like ass. Injectors and MAF should ALWAYS be matched together. You COULD reprogram the computer to get the 24s to work with the stock MAF, but that would be a waste of money IMO...I would rather just buy the correct meter.

·
Registered
388 Posts
^^what they said^^ - you can get the mafterburner and do it yourself I do believe. I'd just get pro - m bullet calibrated for 24's and be done with it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just stick with my stock 19's for now and bump the fuel pressure up a bit while I look for an aftermarket MAF. I've got the 24#'ers sitting here, so I'll just throw them on when I get the new MAF.

Thanks again for the replies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts