Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed there are no threads about the godspeed turbo kit so I thought I'd start one. And I've heard they are junk which makes sense...lol but i was wondering if i bought it and just put like a turbonetics turbo on the GodSpeed kit, would it really be that bad? Because I can get a fairly good deal on one.

Thanks, Grant

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
well if the quality in parts isnt there and you have a critical piece fail on you then it could be that bad if it costs you a motor

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've never even heard of GodSpeed kits. I've seen the treadstone kits, on3 kits, b&g kits (wish i had one of them), Hellion, hp, ponydown, ptk, tdc, there's a lot come to think of it but never them. someone post a link up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ok found em. uh yeah they look like a treadstone knock off and if it were me, I'd stay the [email protected](% away from them. If you wanna cheap kit go with on3. I did and it's not all that bad. it installed pretty easy and my car makes pretty good power for a stock shortblock. It's your money just remember with the godspeed kit you gotta buy the intercooler and coldside piping and a bov. not to mention all the couplers.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I dunno - I considered one of their throttle bodies once for a custom deal. Looked pretty well made to me, but ultimately didn't get it. The name makes me laugh. It's so medieval with a Chinglish undertone; or it's like if Captain Kirk was a Mormon or Jehovah's witness or something - "Engage GodSpeed!" "Yes, Captain! We'll be entering the promised land in 12 parsecs..."

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've noticed there are no threads about the godspeed turbo kit so I thought I'd start one. And I've heard they are junk which makes sense...lol but i was wondering if i bought it and just put like a turbonetics turbo on the GodSpeed kit, would it really be that bad? Because I can get a fairly good deal on one.

Thanks, Grant
ran the cheap ebay turbo with hot side kit u will have a ton of custom work to do fitment will suk but for the 600 i spent was worth it headers flanges had to be cut holes open up and down pipe cut to fit and also bolt holes open up a good starter kit for a stock 5.0 boost comes on like a roots blower since the 70mm turbo has such a small ex .67 at 8lbs is a good starter kit to learn how to tune it of course a better kit will blow that one away but for the money and time wasnt bad never had a fail in a year i had it sold it and that guy still driving a year later daily at the stock 5.0 8lb spring
and yes its tread stone china knock off why its so cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts