Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Well it's time to stat a major mod craze on my 2000 Saleen S-281 :evil: I Wish do be around 800+RWHP on pump gas. I am planning this so far but i need help, as my engine/turbo system is still; undesided. I am going with a http://www.turbolocity.com turbo kit. and opinion on this?

Next it very important, I want to Run around 22+ psi of boost, I am looking at taking out the supercharged roots blown engine (for sale) out and throw in.....????????!??!?!?! I am thyinking a 281 cid engine bored/stroked out to a 302, every forged internals, a nice set of trick flow heads fully worked. very low compression,

REMEMBER: i don't want this car to pass emissions if that's what it takes to reach my goal, but it will be driven on the street.

next, a T-56 6speed with a center-force dual-friction clutch,

a ford 9'' rear end maybe shorted to allow 345/35/19. and a set of 355 gears. WIll i be able to run steeda suspention with this setup? or should i just build up a 8.8''?

Once again i need major opinion on this.............:)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Saleen_s281 said:
next, a T-56 6speed with a center-force dual-friction clutch
IF it's possible to do that on pump gas (which I doubt), you'll probably want and need an automatic. My guess is the torque that's going to come with a 900 horsepower turbo V8 is going to be more than a conventional manual will put up with. And try to slip the clutch on 900 horsepower pulling away from a light. The more I think about it, the more I think a 900 horsepower street car is a pipe dream. Think about the cars that are making that power right now. Most times they start with plenty more displacement, add a SC or turbo, and then it's on race gas. Good luck in your efforts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am more the confident that the T-56 will hold the horse, Modified i have seen them hold 1000+horse no problem, I seen the t-56 all of the time with around 700-800 horse passing throught them. they are great trannys,

800-900 horsepower IS a pipe dream if you plan to go n/a ,that's where a turbo comes in, They are GREAT,

I am just kinda mixed on what engine i should start with to handle all of that boost.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Personally, I think that it isn't possible. And rethink your gear selection, with the opposed "900+rwhp" 355s will own you like no other, probably go something with less gear, i.e. 273s. Why do you particularly want Steeda Suspension? This is going to be a drag car, I'm assuming so I feel that there is a better choice for that matter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Saleen_s281 said:
a nice set of trick flow heads fully worked. very low compression
When did Trick Flow start doing heads for our cars?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Saleen_s281 said:
I am more the confident that the T-56 will hold the horse, Modified i have seen them hold 1000+horse no problem, I seen the t-56 all of the time with around 700-800 horse passing throught them. they are great trannys
It's not the horsepower that will kill it. It's the torque. Depending on the model, Tremec rates it at a maximum of 450 lbs-ft (one model goes to 550, but I don't think that's available for the Mustang). It will last for a little while, but I wouldn't expect it to last long.
You'll need DOHC heads to get anywhere near the numbers you're looking for. And Trick Flow doesn't make anything for modulars.

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK first Trick flow doesnt make heads for a mod motor. I am assuming this will be a complete race car, because no way you can run that much boost on a street car, and if so you would want a smaller tire 19's arent fast. I would recommend an auto also maybe a built c4. 31 spline axles, forged internals and a good set of worked over heads. Maybe the reichard racing intake. A T76 turbo. I think someone is already doing this at turbolocity named christian, you should talk to him and see what his setup is.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The other people are correct, trick flow doesn't make Mod Motor heads. Why would you want 19s? This sounds like a racecar, not some iced out escalade. They're heavy and traction would kill you, there isn't even a drag RADIAL in 19" I dont think, and you'd probably ET Streets just to drive around on. I'd say....a $30,000 budget would be needed to have any hope at doing this, and it'd be on race gas.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Forget the T-56 and forget about pump gas.HP is HP..That much hP will require alot of boost Turbo or not.You'll HAVE to run race gas..Believe it or not..Go the pump gas route if you want,but have money ready for a rebuild.

Street car?O.K....Thats what I thought mine was..Plain and simple,its not.Why build a 9inch rear?
Do you have any idea what this will cost?Get the check book ready,your in for a suprise.:)

Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn i didn't proof read my post, THere was a part with a 351W in there don't know where it went, I personally think it is possible,

Look at tdc's 1250 horse stang, and if there making 500+ horse on a stock motor,

anywayz, what would be a good motor for handling boost?. i have a couple supra friend who run 20+ psi on the street which is just crazy,

A 351,331,.........exc....exc???

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Saleen_s281 said:
Damn i didn't proof read my post, THere was a part with a 351W in there don't know where it went, I personally think it is possible,

Look at tdc's 1250 horse stang, and if there making 500+ horse on a stock motor,

anywayz, what would be a good motor for handling boost?. i have a couple supra friend who run 20+ psi on the street which is just crazy,

A 351,331,.........exc....exc???
Oh boy...here we go. :rolleyes: This thread is turning just plain' ol goofy!

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
First there is another forum for pushrods...second I can assume you have no clue about the 4.6 and thats why you forked out dough for a s/c saleen??? kookoo...kookoo:idunno: Me thinks he is 15-45 and moronic.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Pump gas forget it...your asking for Boom *****. Your goal is achievable with a 4.6 but you definately need someone that has built a 900-1000Hp 4.6 to help you out. Theres a guy in dallas running a 3550 tranny on a fox with 750-800rwhp and it has made a many track passes without problem. I believe he has purchased a few new clutches though...:) Be prepared to shell out alot of $$$ and alot of time and effort for your project. Good luck with it

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
i have a couple supra friend who run 20+ psi on the street which is just crazy,
Well Supras and Stangs are 2 TOTALLY different things. I know plenty of people that run 20+ PSI of boost on there turbo eclipse/talons and supras and are street cars. But they are setup different. If you are going to turn the boost up that much you are going to need race gas and a little more. Bling blingin 19s arent going to help you either.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Saleen_s281 said:
Hello, Well it's time to stat a major mod craze on my 2000 Saleen S-281 :evil: I Wish do be around 800+RWHP on pump gas. I am planning this so far but i need help, as my engine/turbo system is still; undesided. I am going with a http://www.turbolocity.com turbo kit. and opinion on this?

Next it very important, I want to Run around 22+ psi of boost, I am looking at taking out the supercharged roots blown engine (for sale) out and throw in.....????????!??!?!?! I am thyinking a 281 cid engine bored/stroked out to a 302, every forged internals, a nice set of trick flow heads fully worked. very low compression,

REMEMBER: i don't want this car to pass emissions if that's what it takes to reach my goal, but it will be driven on the street.

next, a T-56 6speed with a center-force dual-friction clutch,

a ford 9'' rear end maybe shorted to allow 345/35/19. and a set of 355 gears. WIll i be able to run steeda suspention with this setup? or should i just build up a 8.8''?

Once again i need major opinion on this.............:)

who is your drug dealer? I want to buy some of that sh*t he is selling you, because what your saying shows everyone your under the infulence of crack. That much HP on the street you are just asking for trouble, remember 500 rwhp is A LOT for the street. Why do you want 800+hp for the street? all that hp will do is probably get you and other people killed. Personally i dont think you could handle a car with that much hp, hell i probably couldnt.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Honest opinion would be to call BSInt. and order a 4.6 351W bored out to 357, run hypers and tooth pick rods with a solid oak crank. Sheesh...that was simple now go order supplies very limited. Oh ya call BJInt. to order that turbo setup...amazing sucking power out of their TT69 setup;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
GT4JP said:
Honest opinion would be to call BSInt. and order a 4.6 351W bored out to 357, run hypers and tooth pick rods with a solid oak crank. Sheesh...that was simple now go order supplies very limited. Oh ya call BJInt. to order that turbo setup...amazing sucking power out of their TT69 setup;)
:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.