Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install a wet kit in my 95. What are you guys' opinions on Compucar's base kit? I like Zex's stuff, but I know so little about the quality of each manufacturer. THanks, Jon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wet kit would be very nice on the 95. I prefer NX because of its simplicity and the fact that the 'noids are easiy serviceable. The Zex kit has everything onboard, which I don't particularly care for.

Everyone has there preferences.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are wet kits really dangerous on EFI cars when the fuel/n2o is sprayed just in front of the TB?

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you hit the revlimiter it can be,I hit the limiter a few times,I was told a lot of flames came from the tail pipes.But, no back fire lucky I guess. Just install a window switch and you should be good.Just use your head and don't get gready.Good Luck

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
NX hands down. I have experience with several other manufacturer's kits, and the NX is easiest to install and tune. JMHO

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a 155lph fuel pump a month or so ago. Would that be sufficient for a 75hp wet shot w/o an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think that would be good enough for a 150 shot, but I would add a regulator to tune it in.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Yeah, I agree, you definately need an AFPR before you install the kit. I like to set the fuel pressure up a couple pounds before a nitrous run, just so that when the solenoids open, and the fuel pressure drops a little, it comes down to where you want it to. Then before you drive home, just set it back down to where you normally keep it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this device called the air optimizer that can be adjusted to send a heavier duty cycle to the injectors by adjusting the MAF's output voltage. This should work like an AFPR, but I'd really have to trust that little box.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I am familiar, that is a Pro M part, correct? I don't know how that would work, but would like to know, since I sell a bunch of Pro M stuff.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It works much like Pro-M's remote calibrator. It's actually made by a company called IST.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I am not sure if that will give you the results you are looking for like an AFPR would. But if you try it, make sure you post results on here.... Inquiring minds want to know...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took your advice and bought an NX Ford EFI Kit. It should be here in a week or so. Hopefully it all goes smoothly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts