Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have the stock 2.73s in my car, when i went to the track in July I ran 14.2 - 14.3 seconds at 100-101mph. My 60ft times were really bad they 2.2 - 2.3 seconds. I was running on my street tires (Dunlop SP sport), the temp was 84 degrees and 80% humidity(not ideal). I am thinking about getting 3.55 gears, this is my daily driver in the summer. What kind of gains am I looking at here? Some people I was talking with said that the car would not pull as hard at the top end of the track, what do you think? My mods are in the sig, I plan on getting a supercharger in the future, maby this year or next. So what are the pros and cons?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
3.73's would be a good gear for seeing as how it is still a daily driver, you would pick up a bit at the track and prolly gain a few more MPH, and with the supercharger in the future they would prolly put you right in the peak power range with the blower, just a suggestion when you do buy gears, go with either strange (my first choice) or motorsport gears.

Rob

·
Registered
931 Posts
Another vote for the 3:73's. I street drove mine for 2-3 years before swapping to a 4:10, and now I need to swap back the 3:73 cause I'm going with the blower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts