Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i organized a dyno day for my local car buddies and i'm getting my car dyno'd again tomorrow morning. It's at a very nice facility, South Georgia Vette, and it's an in-ground dyno-jet. ;)

So, any takers as to what you think the car will put down this time? :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and by the way...

i've got the shotgun loaded and ready to go. If i pull less then 230 rwhp and 262 rwtq this time, i'm leaving and heading straight to Texas....SD. :D

after that i'm taking out stroked or blown, just for ****s and giggles. :evil:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yeah did you also advance your timing to at least 14

You hopefully can put down some decent #'s

·
Registered
441 Posts
i've got the shotgun loaded and ready to go. If i pull less then 230 rwhp and 262 rwtq this time, i'm leaving and heading straight to Texas....SD.

after that i'm taking out stroked or blown, just for ****s and giggles.

This is hilarious....:lol:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Re: and by the way...

97MattGT said:
i've got the shotgun loaded and ready to go. If i pull less then 230 rwhp and 262 rwtq this time, i'm leaving and heading straight to Texas....SD. :D

after that i'm taking out stroked or blown, just for ****s and giggles. :evil:

:lol:
:lol: LMFAO. so mid pipe change and timing from the last time? So no custom tune just dyno? I don't think that is gonna get you your best results.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: and by the way...

vrtical said:
:lol: LMFAO. so mid pipe change and timing from the last time? So no custom tune just dyno? I don't think that is gonna get you your best results.

no, just the X pipe and the underdrive pullies.

The custom dyno tuning is in March, courtesy of Fordchip.com

Still, everyone's untuned dyno numbers with full exhaust upgrades were on the plus side of 260.

·
Registered
441 Posts
well I have just seen what you have gone through with your headswap and I can completly understand how you feel about your numbers...I just did my headswap and longtubes recently and I am nervous about putting it on a dyno and putting out low numbers like you...I would be really pissed after all that money...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pony4pt6 said:
well I have just seen what you have gone through with your headswap and I can completly understand how you feel about your numbers...I just did my headswap and longtubes recently and I am nervous about putting it on a dyno and putting out low numbers like you...I would be really pissed after all that money...

wow, you read up on my me and my story? i've almost got a tear in my eye. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
hope everything goes well for u tomarrow matt..........

while ur up there dynoing ur car, we will also be dynoing another one of our club members cars and hopefully inducting him into the 400HP club

P.S. when is Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords gonna invite a bunch of us ('96-'98 guys with the head swap done) to a drag strip to duke it out to see who has the meanest pre-99 headswapped GT????????

·
Registered
642 Posts
this is funny:lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
driver makes up for lost hp. So dont assuciate hp and trq #'s with timeslips. or per the calculater i have 303 hp with stock car and bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
01moneygreen said:
driver makes up for lost hp. So dont assuciate hp and trq #'s with timeslips. or per the calculater i have 303 hp with stock car and bolt ons.

In my long and storied case, i associate HP and TQ #'s with $$$$$$$$$. I've spent a ****load of $$$$$$, so i want some decent numbers.

That is all, thank you and please drive through. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Loud98SVT said:
hope everything goes well for u tomarrow matt..........

P.S. when is Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords gonna invite a bunch of us ('96-'98 guys with the head swap done) to a drag strip to duke it out to see who has the meanest pre-99 headswapped GT????????
I second Loud 98! Good luck and the idea of 96-98/99-02 shoot out is a great idea I would not only like to read about with (great pics of course), but would also love to personally watch. Between a corral.net and stangnet.com a single thread could put it all together. Wish I was swapped and participating:eek:, but I'll be rooting loudly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Re: Re: and by the way...

97MattGT said:
no, just the X pipe and the underdrive pullies.

The custom dyno tuning is in March, courtesy of Fordchip.com

Still, everyone's untuned dyno numbers with full exhaust upgrades were on the plus side of 260.
I'm curious to see those numbers. K&N, Flowmasters, and 4.10's I put down 228 hp and 270 tq. I have pullies and an x-pipe going on next week and I thought it would be around 250hp.

1/4 time = 13.9 @ 98.9
2.14 60ft

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
:D didnt realize i had such an effect on you matthew! you might just get the chance this year at FFW in your neck of the woods! i will just look for the headswapped 96-98 GT running 15s and that'll be you!:D
seriously, if you do not make some better numbers, then you need to make some serious changes to your setup. i would take the heads back off and have them checked over and flow tested to see if it is the porting that is causing the problem...but i dont think it's the port-work. you have to rule everything out though. i would be pissed too if i had spent the money i did and got the performance you have. matt, dont take the crap i talk seriously because it's all in jest....(so put the shotgun away!):D

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Matt i do not think you are going to see much of a gain with the x pipe it is catted right? Im sure you are going to gain power but not enough to make 250-260, i dont think. Your 230rwhp mark is right around the stock 99 GT range. Now you have to take in effect that those cars have 4 cats and your car had 6. So you are right at about the correct #. What other mods besides a timing adjuster do you have? Also why did you opt for a cat pipe and not an o/r? I honestly do not think the porting is the problem. I think you should open up your exhaust a little more, possibly some LT headers and an o/r pipe. If not the LTs atleast and O/R pipe and good catback if you do not already have one. Goodluck and let us know how it turns out today.

Dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts