Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pulled the tank down and pulled one of the two hoses. It seems I can leave the other attached. I used a punch to get the RING off but the pump doesn't just slide out. I can't figure it out. How do I get the pump out?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Drop it down far enough, pull the filler pipe out, and after you get the ring off you'll have to twist and turn it while lifting it out. Hope that helps

Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
Like Bill said. You just have to wiggle it out. I found that mine was kind of Z shaped. So once you get the first part out, start tilting similar to a Z. That's what someone had mentioned to me, and I did mine last weekend.
By the way, it's a lot trickier getting it back in just right than it is getting it out.

Good Luck,
Matty

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I got it out no problem after I pulled the last fuel line I was able to rotate the assembly better. BTW it was simple getting it back in, must have been biginner's luck as Mr. Miagi says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.