Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have 4.10 gears installed next week. I was wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate of what I will be running in the quarter mile...

On a G-Tech a couple of weeks ago I went 15.2.

So I'm guessing high 14's with the gears?

I know that I haven't done many things to the car yet, but I really really want to get into those 13's. Maybe a 100-shot of nitrous will help out...

·
Registered
213 Posts
i went 14.5 @96 with a level 10 trans on a stock car (off road x pipe, big whoop). BUT! I had stock gears and it was shifting into 3rd just before the line. I would love gears on my car! I bet I could crack high 13s easy.

Pete

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I know that I haven't done many things to the car yet, but I really really want to get into those 13's

Be careful, those 13s will turn into "all I want is a 10 sec. slip". Then you get into the serious money spending!:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
KingDiamond said:
I will have 4.10 gears installed next week. I was wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate of what I will be running in the quarter mile...

On a G-Tech a couple of weeks ago I went 15.2.

So I'm guessing high 14's with the gears?

I know that I haven't done many things to the car yet, but I really really want to get into those 13's. Maybe a 100-shot of nitrous will help out...

Yep a 100-shot of nitrous should get you there

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dont be suprised if you actually run slower times, the combination of worse traction and having to shift into 4th gear without any additional hp could hurt your times.
When I went to 3:73s it happened to me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
94svt5.0 said:
Dont be suprised if you actually run slower times, the combination of worse traction and having to shift into 4th gear without any additional hp could hurt your times.
When I went to 3:73s it happened to me.
yea with my 3:73's i didn't get any faster and my consistency went to hell. i've only been to the track once with them, maybe i need to go more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts