Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I bought my '95 GT to be a daliy driver while i build up another car to punish the slicks. The 95 has 4.10s and I want to switch to higher gears.

What is the stock ratio for this car?

Also I posted an ad in parts and got a bunch of responses - is it that bad of an idea to use low mileage gears over? I don't mind a little humming as long as they dont break.

I'm more interested in getting better gas mileage so I can enjoy the car and drive it everywhere than smoking people.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Gear advice needed...

CarAteMyMoney said:
OK, I bought my '95 GT to be a daliy driver while i build up another car to punish the slicks. The 95 has 4.10s and I want to switch to higher gears.

What is the stock ratio for this car?

Also I posted an ad in parts and got a bunch of responses - is it that bad of an idea to use low mileage gears over? I don't mind a little humming as long as they dont break.

I'm more interested in getting better gas mileage so I can enjoy the car and drive it everywhere than smoking people.
3.08's are stock gears for the most part, car with a certian option that came with the 6 spoke 17 inch rims supposedly have 3.27's from the factory. I say supposedly becuase i honeslty have no clue on this, but my car is a cobra with 17's from the factory and it still had 3.08's. I would think a cobra would have 3.27's before the gt. Im probably wrong but...

The car has 4.10's in it already?? Im not quite understanding what your saying.....you wanna go higher from 4.10's with a daily driver?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
the 94/95 mustang either came with 2.73's or 3.08's.. the cobras also had 3.08's.

only in 96 did they introduce th 3.27 OPTION.

there is no way to tell the difference (rims have nothing to do with it) between the cars with 2.73's and the ones with 3.08's.. cept the door sticker. the AX field of the 2.73 cars was a Y, the 3.08 cars have a Z.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Re: Re: Gear advice needed...

95CobraofDeath said:
The car has 4.10's in it already?? Im not quite understanding what your saying.....you wanna go higher from 4.10's with a daily driver?
Higher gear number means lower number numerically I think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, higher means numerically lower.. sorry, i should have been clearer.

EDIT: Mine has "M" under AX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts