Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently blew a lower intake gasket running my bottle (which I sold after the incident) and I took it to a local Ford dealer to have it fixed/replaced. When I got the car back the gas pedal lightly sticks when I first push down on it. After driving it awhile it gets better but when I completely let off the pedal it will lightly stick again. Is there any way to fix/adjust this? It is getting very annoying. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
They may have adjusted the throttle stop screw to adjust your idle, try turning it in a 1/8 of a turn and see if it doesn't stick, happened to me before. Its on the bottom side of the throttle body/linkage.

I'm from St. Louis too, Ballwin actually. I'm at school in Springfield till Thursday. Where are you from?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STL

I live in West Co. too, actually Ellisville. Can't wait for WFC this weekend. Nothing better than driving 20 min to the best Ford event ever! I got alot of Friends around here with stangs too. Were trying to start a small club called Image Motorsports if your interested in joining. We should party sometime. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
33 Posts
did that work, with the throttle body or could it be something else,
mine sticks slighty too. it just needs like a lil extra push every now and then..???

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Mine use to stick but only when the motor got hot... but putting a little bit of grease (not WD40) on there the throttle cable hooks up to the TB helps with the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts