Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in my 93 the gas pedal is very light. It takes almost no work to floor it. My 89 sat for about 8 months in storage. After that, the gas pedal was rock hard. It felt like I was trying to push a brick. I cleaned the inside of the TB, and that helped a little. What else can I do to make the gas pedal move moer freely? After driving the 89, and then getting in the 93, I sound like an idiot driving it. I am so use to the heavy pedal, I end up revving it up to nearly 3K when I just want to give her a little gas to get moving.

·
Registered
398 Posts
check throttle springs and cable... thats really all that could have effected it if it were just sitting... maybe springs froze up or rusted...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Also, check to make sure the cable itself isnt binding on the 100 different wires and lines that go behind the upper intake, and it's routed as straight as you can get it.

I had the same problem when I had my upper off, and it got moved all around and out of shape between everything. I straightened it out and it worked fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
cable MUST be running straight to work good. I had the same problem because the guy that built my car had the cable running at an angle and it would either stall or throw you throught the windshield.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
W.O.T. Stang said:
Also, check to make sure the cable itself isnt binding on the 100 different wires and lines that go behind the upper intake, and it's routed as straight as you can get it.
Thats was it! Now I just need to figure out this code 32 crap! :mad:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
:lol:

I had a feeling that was it. Glad I could help out.

Now... Code 32...

CODE: 32 - EVP voltage below closed limit
Engine: 5.0L
Year: 86-93
Description:
EVP voltage below closed limit (SONIC)

EVP = EGR valve position sensor below closed limit. Did you remember to plug in the electrical connector on the bottom of the EGR valve?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts