Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, you don't buy a RWD v8 for gas mileage, but right now I've got a Jeep Wrangler to mess around town and off road in and a ZX2 to get back and forth each day. I drive 90 miles atleast each day. The ZX2 gets abour 34 MPG. I am about to get an `03 GT 5-speed and would like to know what kind of mileage it would get stock. Also, what kind of mileage would it get with 3.73s? Thanks

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I would expect what it says on the sticker for highway miles if you drive really nicely and only on the highway. A few hard take offs and your mileage will suffer badly. On the other hand, it is so much fun to drive these cars hard! Even driven hard, they should do better than a wrangler (they get like 17 on the highway). The 3.73s may knock a mpg or two off. I was getting a little above 26 mpg on the highway with nice driving with my stock 2.73s. Switched to 3.73s and got 25 at best. Put a blower on and can get almost 28 mpg if I go the speed limit on the highway. Drive it hard on the highway with gears and blower and I get 19 mpg.
Erich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts