Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving home tonight I was on E. I was worried that I wasen't going to make it to the station. I filled it all the way to the top and it only took 14 gallons. Could my gauge or something be messed up to not read when it gets low?

Thanks
Chip

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Could be the fuel sending unit in the tank, or it could be the gauge. When you fill it up does the needle go past the F or does it ride right on it?

Bill

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like its dosent go as far past it as it used to. Dose not stay up there as long as it used to for sure.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The sending unit is the first thing that comes to mind then. It's a hassle and a half to get it out. I would just be mindful of it and if it starts to get worse than you'll have to drop the tank to check/replace it.

Bill

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I just changed my fuel sending unit.. Mine was like $95 from Ford... the gauge seems accurate enough but the ^%#[email protected]% Fuel light comes on at 1/4 of a tank now... **** I guess I will just be unplugging the dummy light since the gauge is accurate now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.