Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over 400miles trip this weekend. Was running over 2500RPM most of the time (highway) little bit of town riding, but mostly highway (to go and come back home)

22.10miles per gal. is the results.

Very satisfied.

I was cruising at 70miles per hours at 2600rpm most of the time.

Have a good night all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
grabber_grabbs said:
Went over 400miles trip this weekend. Was running over 2500RPM most of the time (highway) little bit of town riding, but mostly highway (to go and come back home)

22.10miles per gal. is the results.

Very satisfied.

I was cruising at 70miles per hours at 2600rpm most of the time.

Have a good night all.
Do you have an auto or 5 speed. I have an auto with 4.10 and my gas mileage did not suffer that much, maybe 1-2 mpg on highway and thats it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
With 4.10's I get ~20 with a mix of city/highway. Before the gears I got ~22. I havn't checked the mileage on a highway trip with the gears but would get arround 25-26 with the stockers.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an auto tranny. Iam very happy with those 22 Mile per gallon, cause i was allways riding between 2500-2900 rpm all the way .

·
Registered
485 Posts
With my stock gears I got about 26-28 mpg on a long trip to North Carolina coast. 22mpg would be a big difference there but I guess that is the price you pay for performance. Funny, I've actually heard some people get better gas mileage after getting 4.10s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts