Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on my brothers 92 Taurus

This has a 95 Amp? G-3 alt. When you rev the motor you get an invert volt spike ( goes down for an instant). A rebuilt alt was recently installed. The stator plug seemed loose and did not plug in tight. I had a spare regulator plug with the short stator plug wire I had lifted from a 93 Grand Marquis for my G-3 install. So I cut the two reg plug wires and replaced the reg plug and stator plug. Cleaned the bat conns. Runs at 15V at idle (more than b4) but still get the voltage drop (idiot light flashes at same time)

NE thoughts, crap alternator??? Bad bat cables ?? (Engine does not torque much can make the spike parked) Bad wires inside car??

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
The are several types of voltage regulators, one of the features is called Load Response Control (LRC). The factory regulator has this feature, but your rebuilt unit may not have this feature. It is not a necessary feature, but not having this type of regulator will cause the effect you are seeing. Many recommended replacements do not have this feature.

Also, only the SHO had the Mitsubishi 90A, all other models had the 3G, 130A. The 3.8L and the 3.0L had different versions of the 3G, 130A.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts