Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: I went to fordmuscle.com and read the article on short belt length to bypass the smog pump. It suggested a 84.5 inch belt, but that was a little long (I have a 93 lx with factory air). I tried a 83.5 inch and it worked great. Belt brand was Kelly 8350K6. Just my 2 cents in case anyone wanted to know.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yeah, it recommended a 70.5" belt for me, a 69" is what ended up fitting perfectly. I think its because I don't have the u/d alt. pulley so there is more slack that needs taken up.

·
Registered
917 Posts
if y0u do a search on "short belt" than you'll find that there is no set lenghth belt. ive seen everything form 75" to 85". U/D pullies effects the lenghth, even stangs that have stock pullies w/ smog delete still have used different lenghths. best way is to buy about 4 or 5 different sizes & go with the best fit. most places will allow a return on the unused belts as long as the engine never ran with the belt on. mine is 76.5" w/o smog pump & U/D pullies............

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Underdrive belt length

If you use all 3 underdrive pulleys the required belt length will not change, hence the reason you do not have to change the stock belt when installing all 3 underdrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.