Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn the car off, it sounds as if something is turning/grinding, almost like if you stuck something in a fan blade. I took it to the dealer, thinking I was still under warrenty, and they replaced the blower motor and charged me 200 bones. I drive it home, turn off the car, and there is the noise. After getting a run around, the tech listens to it with me and says it a normal noise when vacum is lost. I have never heard a car do this. Has any other Mustanger had this noise?

·
Registered
605 Posts
WTF! I would lay that ahole out and say fix that beyotch! They charged you 200 bucks for what they now call normal noise! Why did they change the blower motor if the noise was normal?!

I absolutely hate those dealerships. Fricken crooks - all of them! I dont care what anyone else says that "not I, we do honest work here." BS!

Sorry for the rant and not offering any tech advice on what it might be but the stories of dealership dealings always pisses me off.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You could try calling the attorney general in your area or maybe even the Better Business Bureau and see what either of them have to say about getting your money back or getting it fixed. Just my .02

Thats what I would do anyway.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
olgreydog7 said:
when I turn the car off, it sounds as if something is turning/grinding, almost like if you stuck something in a fan blade.....

Can you localize the noise? Perhaps have a friend turn the car off (after it's been running- ;)) while you are outside with the hood open....try to narrow it down(?) for us.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My car makes a farting noise when turned off - I think it has something to do with the brakes.

It doesn't exactly sound like sticking your face in the fan, but it does irritate me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went back for my meeting with the service manager, and came back with a full refund. Guess the only thing to do is if that noise isn't normal and something goes wrong, make them fix that too. as far as localizing the noise, its from behind the drivers dash, right under the defroster, which is what they said the sound was coing from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts