Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost the engine. Resurrecting thread because I am curious about how I can track my foxbody. I am in PA but close enough to NJMP that I could get there pretty easily. Was this a club event or open track day? My foxbody is a station wagon but it’s built up as a street / handling car. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost the engine. Resurrecting thread because I am curious about how I can track my foxbody. I am in PA but close enough to NJMP that I could get there pretty easily. Was this a club event or open track day? My foxbody is a station wagon but it’s built up as a street / handling car. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
I would suggest checking the Road Racing / Auto-x forum, which has plenty of info about getting started.

There are a bunch of clubs/businesses that run HPDEs in the Mid-Atlantic, and a number of tracks. Depending on where you are in PA, in addition to NJMP you've got PittRace and Summit Point relatively close. Check the calendars posted on the tracks' websites and you can find who's running events there, then check those event organizers' websites to figure out how to sign up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would suggest checking the Road Racing / Auto-x forum, which has plenty of info about getting started.

There are a bunch of clubs/businesses that run HPDEs in the Mid-Atlantic, and a number of tracks. Depending on where you are in PA, in addition to NJMP you've got PittRace and Summit Point relatively close. Check the calendars posted on the tracks' websites and you can find who's running events there, then check those event organizers' websites to figure out how to sign up.
Gotya. I tried the NJMP site and from what I read they don’t really have “open” track days. They offer what I would call track classes. Basically a mix of classroom and controlled track time. I will look into those other tracks and see what else is offered.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You're not going to find open track time unless you're either a club member at the track ($$$$) and/or you're a licensed race driver and/or you've got a fully prepped/caged car. Otherwise, you're looking for those school type events. As I said, check their calendar - https://njmp.com/events-calendar/ - and look up the various event organizers you see running events. PCA, Chin Track Days, etc. Same on the other track sites - find their calendar, find the event organizers.

The 2020 schedules should be getting getting posted on the various sites soon. I know Chin has already released theirs, haven't seen any others yet.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you are a novice, class and controlled track time is perfect. They will teach you to drive properly and help avoid bad habits. Post a pic of your ride. Sounds cool.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are a novice, class and controlled track time is perfect. They will teach you to drive properly and help avoid bad habits. Post a pic of your ride. Sounds cool.
I am a novice. During the blizzard of 1996 I did a Skip Barber 3 day racing school at Las Vegas Speedway. Earlier that same week I did a shifter kart class in San Diego somewhere. It was sort of a dream vacation for me back in the day. So I’m a novice but I like driving for sure. As far as the car goes it’s called the Daddywagon. EFI 351W, tremec, cobra irs, brembo front brakes. Cosmetically it is in need if restoration.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts