Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car suffers from serious fumes no smoke just heavy fumes oder . The engine is fairly stock except.. shorties,h-pipe,msd 6a,pullies,255 lph intank pump (previous owner had plans for NOS) thats about it the engine idles smooth and has incredible power for its age. The engine has plenty of miles over 100k.. what can be done to minimize fumes.. adj fuel pressure? reset computer? etc.. for now its got a factory regulator but not for long what should the pressure be at?. I understand the H-pipe doesn't help, but ive had other stangs with H-pipes and more mods with less fumes. Also I have plans for a rebuild but for now I have to make due. In your opinions
would I benefit from adding a can of engine restorer next oil change?

Fumes are so bad that sometimes I feel like ...
:barf:

Thanx!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Iff its fumes because its lost its compresion, maybe knock back spark to 8/10 deg. It will make it alittle sluggish but will slow the fumes down.. Don't fill to top mark with oil,keep it down some though CHECK oil level often!

It could be its running rich! The o2 sensers may not be working?Or lower your tps some to lean it out some, f/p as well ... hth...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts