Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has a bad hanging idle and i got codes p0171 and p0174.when i disconect the harness from the IAC the idle drops back like normal and the fuel trims goes back to 11% like they should.is my IAC bad ?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it started doing it sat after coming from a highway drive.i disconected the battery,did the idle relearn,check for vacum leaks etc.would the IAC just act up just like that ? i just put this one on the car a year ago

·
Registered
564 Posts
Randy, it sounds like the maf curve is off, but if you did'nt have a problem with it before then try cleaning the maf sensor since sometimes the K&N oil can get on it, also if you think the idle valve is causing it, clean it out with carb cleaner.
Usually if you are running too rich because of the maf you will get hanging idles, etc.
Bob

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cant get the MAF connector of the meter.i've taken this thing off 100's of times and now it wont even budge.i think the meter is my problem but i cant even get it out so i can try a different meter.does the MAF connector give problems ater a while to take off ? i'm just about had it with this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts