Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 91 coupe and im putting a carbed 347 in it. One thing that ive completely overlooked and dont know much about is the fuel system. Do I have to change the fuel tank on it or can I leave the 4 cyl one in??? What would be a good cost effective way to run the fuel line???and what would be a good fuel pump to go with??? the combo is a follows

347 w/ t/w heads 650 double pumper carb ( I may run the edelbrock 600 that I have on my 85 302 until I can afford a better carb) I also might run nitrous but I havent decided yet...If I do I am planning to run a small shot, no more than 100-125

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
You can keep the same tank you'll just have to sump it out. The holley blue should be fine for your application. As far as the fuel line, I would go buy 20ft of steel braided line (-8an) and install all the fitting your self.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if I part out my 85 does the fuel tank from that car have the sump allready in it?? and if went mechanical I would be able to use the factory lines right??

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
85mustangGT said:
if I part out my 85 does the fuel tank from that car have the sump allready in it?? and if went mechanical I would be able to use the factory lines right??
Yep you will be able to use the 85's tank. That saves you a few bucks right there. I believe the mechanical have to be gravity fed though. So you could would have to mount the pump lower or at least the same level as the tank. I'm not 100% sure on reusing the factory lines. I would just upgrade them anyways wit the -8an. (Or atleast -6an)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
you could use a ele pump with a regulator to regulate the pressure to the carb. DO NOT REUSE THE 4 CYCL PUMP!! but i would re do the fuel lines!! I SEE ALOT OF CARS SET UP LIKE THIS

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any other suggestions...if the mechanical pump needs to be gravity fed how would I accomplish that??

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DAYYUUMM!!!!!!
can you give me some details man????how much did that run ya?? who did the welding??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts