Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in the XTech and another message board but no luck.

I thought my 89GT might have the stock fuel pump so I decided to replace it with a 155lph Walbro fuel pump. What a pain. Anyway when I took the pump in the tank out it was also a Walbro so now I am wondering if it already had a higher then stock fuel pump in there. I have been looking everywhere for some decoding informatoin on Walbro pumps but no luck. Anyone know of site to help decode it? Here are the number off of it just in case someone know how to decode these things:

F83U-9350-AA
A0F326
27899-1B
PAT NO 4500270

Another question about these fuel pumps. I know its not dangerous but how and the world can you have 2 bare electrical connectors inside of a gas tank? That just seems strange. I mean I tested my fuel pump before putting it in and I saw a spark when I touched the positive side so was just wondering how this does not happen in the tank?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Have you tried contacting the Walbro headquarters yet? Maybe they can shed some light on your part# question. Either that or find a parts place that deals with walbro fuel pumps and have them look it up in their cross reference books.

Bill

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You can have exposed wires inside the fuel tank because the fuel isnt what ignites, its the vapor. It's the same reason you can have shops weld holes in your fuel tank while still on your car. I cant really clarify this anymore, so if anyone else has more knoledge, then......uhh.......yeah.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Bill I also saw your reply on Mustanggt forum. Thanks.

I did contact Walbro but have not heard back from them at www.walbro.com. I also asked the fine folks of JDSperformance since they deal with walbro pumps and he said he did not have that number and was not sure what it was. Anyone else have ideas about this pump?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts