Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 mustang gt and have been getting a misfire for cylinder 1 I have replaced the spark plug the coil pack and injector but even after I replaced the injector if I pull the wire to the injector the idle does not change like all the other cylinders. I am trying to figure out y it would be doing this even after I have replaced the injector.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
put a noid light on it and check to see if that injector driver or coil driver is fried

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a 2007 mustang gt and have been getting a misfire for cylinder 1 I have replaced the spark plug the coil pack and injector but even after I replaced the injector if I pull the wire to the injector the idle does not change like all the other cylinders. I am trying to figure out y it would be doing this even after I have replaced the injector.
When you changed coils, did you reuse the old boot? It's surprising how sensitive the COP cars are to deteriorated boots.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
if you have a functioning spark plug coil injector and are getting signals to both then the only possibility is a dead cylinder

time to tear her apart and see why that cylinder is physically not working

start with the cam and valves and go from there

·
Registered
2006 Ford Mustang GT
2,880 Posts
Before you go tearing into the engine, perform compression/leak down tests on all cylinders to see if you have any valves that aren't sealing properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before you go tearing into the engine, perform compression/leak down tests on all cylinders to see if you have any valves that aren't sealing properly.
Sounds good I definitely will before I tear the engine down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts