Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just did a rebuild on my 94 cobra and slapped a turbo on at the same time. New walbro 255 intank, new fuel filter, new kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new 60 lb injectors with matching pro-m mass air, also went ahead and had a chip burned for the new setup just for initial start before I take it to get tuned.

Anyways, I turn the key to on and the fuel pressure jumps to just under 40psi according to my fuel pressure gauge. I turn the car over and the pressure stays the same and the car starts. Then as soon as it starts running the fuel pressure drops to 0 and the car dies instantly. This is a repeating process.

If i dont try and start the car, but just turn it to on, it builds just under 40 psi and will hold it. It only drops after the car has started. What do you guys think? The terminals on the computer were fairly clean when I installed the chip but I still hit them with scotchbrite. Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? I was thinking about taking the chip off but I read that it will do nothing but wash the cylinders down with fuel as this car was bone stock before and I went to 60lb injectors. Can I hurt anything by trying this?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it possible you kinked a fuel line when you put your tank back up? How fast does the fuel pressure return to 40 psi when you put the key on? Also maybe a loose wire on the fuel pump that once the engine starts running and shakes the car it moves the wires and breaks the contact on them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the tune in the chip was too lean and wouldnt let the car idle over a second. Took the chip out and got it to run for a short bit and noticed the gauge going to 0 was just put of the sequence the gauge did. Soo the fuel pressure wasnt dropping at all :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.