Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on my wife's car, a 1989 SHO, I had to disconnect the fuel line spring clips. Now, I cannot find any replacement o-rings. (The dealer says they are discontinued, and the parts houses couldn't help.) I'm not sure if they are the same size as the ones on my 5.0, but no one could get those either. I don't want to have to scrap this car just because I can't get the two-bit o-rings. Plus, I'm going to need a set when I put the new engine in my car.

What do you guys use? I can get the green a/c o-rings in the proper size; will they hold up to gas?

Thanks for your help.

Danny

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds like B.S. to me. I wouldn't try A/C rings, they're made to stand up to refrigerant, not fuel. Try another dealer; sounds to me like the guy couldn't be bothered. If true, try someone like Aeromotive. Or at worse, look up Russell. They sell Ford male EFI fittings, so they may be able to procure just the rings for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I did check with two dealers, same story from both of them. I will check with the places you sugested. I know there some out there somewhere, just not in this small town.

I don't know what time it is in Turkey, but it's 2:20 A.M. here and I have to work tomorrow so I must get some sleep.

thanks again

Danny

·
Registered
751 Posts
what size o ring..i know a local speed shop carries lots of sizes here....call jegs...when you use -an lines in a fuel system there are times you need them...thats why speed shops carry them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts