Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what Now!!!

I checked the Fuel Pressure after I turned the the car off and it takes around 45 min to an hour and a half to bleed down to 0 psi

But for some reason I have fuel in my Oil and Lots of it !!!

I can smell raw fuel when it is just sitting and Idleing but it Idles fine no hickups just smooth as can be. It runs great and pulls hard as ever but for some reason I am getting fuel in my oil I changed my oil around 500 miles ago and I am around 1/2 a Quart high now due to the fuel.

I know there are only two places that it can come from

1) The injectors are bad or just one.
But if this was the case I think the fuel pressure would bleed down faster. than an hour ??
How do I check this???

2) The Fuel pressure Regulator is bad.
I also thought that if this was the case the F/P would bleed down faster than 1 hour??

How do I check this help me find my problem Please!!

I can get the fuel injectors checked for $55 bucks but i can also get new ones for $225 what should I do??:(

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are running PIG ASS rich. The fuel is just running (washing down) the cylinder walls. Thats is my only conclusion with the facts you have provided and the assumption that all is well with the rest of the combo. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kinda thought that to but it this is something that just started here over the last few months could the cold weather have something to do with it??

I am stumped!! as to why it would just start happining out of no where.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Typically fuel pressure should not drop to 0 psi, maybe after a week or so, at least on Toyota's. Sounds like you have a leaking fuel injector. After sitting for a couple of hours does it puff out black smoke when you start it? Have a slight rough idle for the first few seconds after starting? How many miles are on it? Whats your running fuel pressure at idle?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think reddog has hit it on the head. I would place money on the injectors. If you have a large truck shop int he area then they usually have a injector tester/flow rig, usually about $40 or so to have them flowed and tested.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry just got back from a trip. My fuel pressure allways bleed down after a hour or so from the time I bought the car .

As for pig ass rich no it does not Idle rough or puff out smoke on start up. I think it has got to be an injector. I know that I am putting an extra load on them because I run a nos Dry kit so I run at 80 psi while I am spraying.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Some FI systems will just bleed down on pressure. There are a few *normal* reasons why.

You could have one or more leaking injectors. EASY to check for rich.
1) do an EEC code read out (~$25 tool at wal-mart or parts store). See if there are any lean/rich bank errors.

2) Double check with a DVM (wal-mart/radio-shack for under $20). At idle, while warm, you should see the voltage on Both O2 sensors vary between 0.4v an 0.75v. If they go higher/lower, or stayed pegged, then the car is running very lean/rich.

If you have raw fuel, it could also be a one or more bad plugs/wires. Use a timing light to see if EACH cyl is firing. Also, do a cyl balance check with the EEC tester. That will tell you a lot!

·
Registered
596 Posts
stangPlus2Birds said:
Some FI systems will just bleed down on pressure. There are a few *normal* reasons why.

You could have one or more leaking injectors. EASY to check for rich.

2) Double check with a DVM (wal-mart/radio-shack for under $20). At idle, while warm, you should see the voltage on Both O2 sensors vary between 0.4v an 0.75v. If they go higher/lower, or stayed pegged, then the car is running very lean/rich.

Just stick pins through the two "non-heater circuit" wires while its running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts