Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Could always go for the '95 R setup :). I think fuel safe did it and it just replaces the stock tank.

Shawn

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anaconda,

They mount in place of the stock fuel tank. I did see a picture of one installed once and they hang down much lower than the stock fuel tank does.

I was interested in this at one point a while ago and looked them up on the OEM's site - www.FuelSafeSystems.com.

They make two for Mustangs, listed under the "Specialty Applications" link.

Model SA110A - 22 gallon Mustang Cobra R Racing Fuel Cell with Alum. Cont. - Price: $1,604.00

Model SA110C - 20 gallon Mustang Street Racing Fuel Cell - Price $736.25

There was no other information about the two on their site, nor anything about what the differences between the two models were that causes such a huge price difference. They look about the same on the outside. One might be metal and the other one synthetic or something, I don't know.

They do have a number to call: 800-433-6524. (I just haven't gotten around to calling them.)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Check out some of the cars in the pits at your next FFW... outlaw cars i think have fuel cells. Simple little 5 gallon or so tank that sits right in the spare tire space. It can be done, anything can..
Just gota run the lines, pump/pumps, regulator, and mount it.
Should be pretty striaght forward, i would think.. defintally drop some weight, if you dont drive it around much, ide say go for it, unless anyone knows of any downsides fuel cells have.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Anaconda,

will be doing a fuel cell in my car down the road when I finally start my project. I am going to cut the spare tire well right out of the car and tack in a sheet of tin in its place. will then cut it for the fuel cell's sump to hang down through. there will be plenty of room to mount the pump and feed the braided lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts