Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of used AFR 185s. On the end of the head, above AFR's part number it is stamped "FTI". Does this have anything to do with Flowtech Inductions and Ed Curtis, or do all AFR 185s have that stamp? Please tell me they're prepped by "The Man, The Myth, The Legend" Mr. Curtis. If so, I got even better deal than I thought. Thanks- Dan

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what i was thinkin....... Maybe he'll pop in here and give me some insight. I do plan on getting a cam from him and probably one of his Performer RPMs from him. Thanks-Dan

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
if they were ported theres a chance he might have kept records on the heads (i know some head porters keep track of their work) if you dont know their history he might be able to help you out

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a set of ported 165's from Ed and he does stamp them FTI.
-tyler

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Those are definetly Eds heads so you probably got a great deal on them if they are ported. Even it they aren't ported you still probably got a great deal 'cause Ed personally goes over all his heads to check them out and clean them up (if they need it).

He usually stamps a number on them too. Check the underside of the head by the front or back of them. He does this on his cams too.

I think you lucked out. Ed is the head, cam and combo man! :) Get his cam and go flying.:D

Ed Stettin

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got a set of heads from him and I don't think mine have anything stamped on them. Its just not fair.:D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
badass88gt where abouts are you located?

·
Registered
500 Posts
92GreenMonster said:
I got my 185s from Ed C, and they don't have anything stamped on them. Mine don't have any additional porting though. Do yours?
I didn't have any porting done either. Maybe thats the diff.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, he has in fact confirmed, they are his heads. SWEET!!!!! Now i just gotta get the details from him.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The weird thing is, I bought them used, and the seller never mentioned one word about them being from FTI. When I sent Ed the pics, he said theyre his though.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
badass what track do you usually go to?

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have a usual track, although I like Union Grove, but thats 3.5 hours drive. I bought them from JRogers, in Florida.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ed,

whats the story with toms motor..i heard it went BOOM!...i hear is is also working on a 351 combo??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts