Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD: CHP 408 stroker kit

I've had this stroker kit sitting in my shop collecting dust for a long time. I upgraded to a 4340 crank and H-beam rods a while ago and shelved this kit.

It's a Coast High Performance cast crank kit and is fully balanced for 5.0 50oz damper, includes rod and main bearings, pistons, and upgraded rods (beams polished, ARP rod bolts). The assembly is freshly machined (-.020" rods, -0.020" mains) and has never been used since the machine work was completed.

- High nodular iron 400M crank, freshly machined, polished, and radiused (4.00" stroke)
- 6.123" rods resized, polished, and fitted w/ARP rod bolts
- Probe LW40 2618-T6 aluminum flat top forged pistons, 0.030" over (accepts 1/16 top ring)
- ACL tri-metal main and rod bearings to match
- Assembly is fully balanced, doesn't need any additional mallory
- Rings not included
- Machine work by CC Racing, Richmond, BC, Canada

Asking $750 shipped. PM with questions.

Auto part Coil spring Crankshaft Suspension Gear
Auto part Hardware accessory
Auto part Transmission part Connecting rod
Metal Piston ring Steel Automotive piston
Auto part Piston ring Automotive piston Metal Crankset

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
let me know i am ready to buy if your ready to sale!

·
Registered
288 Posts
did you ever come up with the shipping to 92252?

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still working on freight.

Not sure if I would run 700 hp through a cast crank, but you might get lucky.

·
Registered
288 Posts
crap i forgot to ask if those pistons are cut for TFS heads? if not what heads are good for them?

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crap i forgot to ask if those pistons are cut for TFS heads? if not what heads are good for them?
I think World Products and Edelbrock heads would work fine. They're definitely not TFS specific.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those folks who are interested in the kit, I want to extend my apologies for taking so long to figure out the freight. The reality is, I am getting increasingly swamped with work (from my job) and people have been working later than usual. I haven't been able to get the items on the freight scales because of this! I think things will calm down by next week, so please bear with me.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Alright folks, I actually figured out how to pack this thing up and calculate freight! If anyone's in the market for a 408 stroker, I need this thing off my shelf!

Also, a recent chat with Mark O'Neal indicates the assembly is good for 600-650 hp, 7000 RPM, although I would try to keep it safe at 6000 RPM.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any interest in selling the pistons separately ? If so, do you know the compression height ? Thanks.
Sorry, gotta keep it together as a kit. You could look up the part number on Probe's website and get the compression height, though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i'll go $625 shipped and i am closer :)

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$750 shipped.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,748 Posts